Rekindling Your Creative Passion:
Do What You Love with The Artist’s Way
Whether your heart was blown open at one of our innovative workshops or you’re new to the Awareness Institute, we warmly invite you to join us for a facilitated 14-week journey into your own creative soul!
Using Julia Cameron’s acclaimed text, The Artist’s Way, as our guide, we will meet Sunday evenings to explore our own creative yearnings, play, connect, and clear away what has, in the past, blocked our ability to manifest our dreams.
Imagine starting the new year having already made good on creative promises to yourself — perhaps with a new painting, play, poem, book, song, recipe, website, or way of showing up at work and in life fully manifested, radiant, and available to serve the world beyond anything you may have previously thought possible!
Investment: $140 for the series, $15 for drop-in sessions
Dates: 14 Weeks. Sundays, 5-7pm Pacific: November 7, 2021-February 20, 2022
Location: This class will be held online
Materials list: A copy of The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron (check your local bookstore), journal or notebook, pen
That’s the potential for anyone and everyone who commits to showing up for the transformational process known as The Artist’s Way.
The Artists Way process has worked for millions of others around the world, and it can work for you too. You are no exception. This course also makes a great companion piece to our November 12-14, 2021 Living Your Inspiration workshop, which delves into the sacred masculine, self-expression, and personal potency.
Not only will our Sunday gatherings prime the pump for the deeper openings provided by our weekend-long workshops, they will also help you stay open and in the flow afterwards by providing a new set of tools and playful, life-enhancing practices that help everyone — whether you consider yourself to be any sort of “creative” or not — to dance, sing, paint, draw, write and play your way through the internal barriers between you and your most expanded self.
This class is for you if:
- You crave some accountability for tending to your own joy (i.e. your deepest heart’s desires)
- You wish to approach all areas of your life with presence, play and spontaneity
- You seek to touch the greater possibilities of life, but aren’t sure how to get there
- You’re ready to release creative blocks such as overeating, over-Netflixing, or other forms of procrastination in favor of bringing your creative visions into fruition
- You are looking for a community of loving, supportive like-minded people
What you can expect to gain from this class:
- An enhanced sense of overall well being
- A greater sense of abundance
- A more playful attitude towards your work and a more reverent attitude towards the things you do “just for fun.”
- A deep knowing that your own deepest desires come from a sacred source
- A network of people you can reach out to for spiritual and emotional support when you need it
About the facilitator:
Ellen Anderson Holt almost forgot that, in a past life, she got an MA from the Graduate Creative Writing Program at U.C. Davis, where she taught English 5P: Introduction to Writing Poetry, and a BA with Honors in English Literature from Middlebury College, where she attended the Bread Loaf Writers’ Conference as a Middlebury Scholar in Poetry (shma shma shma). During that time, using the principles in The Artists Way, she quite enjoyed supporting many hundreds of emerging creatives of all ages through the process of birthing their inspirations out into some form of expression. Also a singer, eternally beginning guitarist, and devoted ecstatic dancer, Ellen aspires to always have as many joyful, messy creative projects going on at one time as she can possibly maintain.
Join us! This is going to be lots of fun, and might even be a little bit profound. And there is no need to have any particular creative training or goal in mind in order to benefit from the many pleasurable and ever-unfolding gifts of The Artist’s Way.